Learn to know the Key Benefits Of 6 Herbal Teas
Herbal tea has been used for many hundreds of years as a remedy for many health related issues. It is not uncommon among diverse cultures of individuals. Various spices and herbs have been dissolved into drinks aimed at curbing sicknesses.
Unsweetened herbal teas are relaxing and no calories making them suitable for those on a weight loss or diabetic diet. These drinks are calming in nature and possess a very enticing fragrance.
The medicinal qualities of herbal teas are what set them apart from their sweetened counterparts. Flavored teas are more based on their flavor than anything else. Here are some examples of herbal teas and their key benefits.
- Dandelion Tea
This is made from the beautiful dandelion flower (considered by many to be a pesty weed) it contains various vitamins and minerals and is best when made from the scratch.
- Cleanses the liver
- Eases constipation
- Aids digestion
- Decreases fluid retention in the body
- Eases arthritis pain
- Good for the skin (when added to a bath)
- Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea is a very common herbal tea that is easy to make. Packed with so many health benefits, this herbal tea can be combined with other herbs and spices to boost its potential in the body system. Cinnamon tea accompanied with some honey makes a very powerful combo for your health.
- Helps in warding off viruses from the body
- Effective in calming stomach upsets
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Aids in shedding weight
- Acts as a menstrual cramp reliever
- Peppermint Tea
- Helps in unblocking a stuffed nose
- Soothes and prevents the throat from soreness
- Fights against cold
- Relieves stomach pain
- Makes you feel warm and cozy
- Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is one of the most popular herbs in tea making.
According to Tea Talk, an estimated 1 million cups of chamomile tea is enjoyed around the globe each day! It is commonly referred to as the “healing herbal tea” due to its health, cosmetic and topical benefits. It also has a lovely fragrance.
- Eases body pain and ache
- Can be used cosmetically to cure acne and improve the skin
- Promotes sleep and relaxation
- Fights against skin irritation
- Ginger Tea
Ginger! The spice that makes everything feel better and warmer! Ginger tea has so many key health benefits that it is highly recommended for anyone to heal and support overall health.
- Fights against chills and cures cold
- Effectively brings nausea to a halt
- Great for treating arthritis and rheumatism
- Lowers cholesterol in the body
- Facilitates weight loss
- Hibiscus Tea
More than just a pretty flower, this herbal tea has been the savior of so many, health wise. The tea is made mainly from the calyces of the plant and has various health benefits.
- Contains a high amount of Vitamin C
- A great antioxidant
- Lowers blood pressure
- Calms the body and mind
- Fights insomnia and promote relaxation
- Wards off free radicals
Herbal teas are so much better than drinking flavored teas or soda drinks, which add no value to your health. It is highly recommended to try them out if you haven’t before.
Make sure to investigate any specific precautions with particular herbs you plan to use, as they are powerful plants and can be problematic with certain medical conditions or medications.
Ginger is a hot spice, which can easily cause heartburn especially for those suffering from ulcer. So please take the time to get to know herbs before using them.